Sunday, June 22, 2008

Quote of the week

I have been to various communities over the last few days. Write to me if you want me to visit your community. Copy and correct dennisargall[at]gmail.com.

I was finishing several points about difficult times ahead. I said: "... but in the end, Council can't solve all the problems." To which the instant response:

"... but it doesn't have to make the problems worse. In the last four years Council may have created enough disgust to make people act. The Council [majority] may be the catalyst in its own downfall."

Finally, though, I have met someone, just one person, who has responded to my offering my pamphlet saying: "we'd better not get onto that." We didn't I took this as support for the mayor. I take note, however, of a comment last night that over several elections everyone seems to want change, but it doesn't happen.