Monday, June 2, 2008

focus of media discussions

In talking with the media today, I have focused on these points:
  • ONE TERM
  • FOUR YEARS
  • SEVEN GOOD COUNCILLORS
  • CHANGE THE ROTTEN CULTURE, GET A DECENT SYSTEM IN PLACE
  • WILL YOU BE IN IT?
- as now posted in the top corner of the web site. I was asked if one term was enough. I emphasised that I must prove my dispensability, that the point was not me, but to build a way of dealing decently ... see especially these points... within the elected council, have that also pervade the council organisation and the engagement of community with decision processes and also have it at the core of leadership by the community.

In discussing particulars, especially in Ulladulla, I emphasised that I could not be an expert on projects and must not try to pull projects from my pocket or play the Godfather. My concern is and will be to see proper consultative mechanisms to ensure community contribution to plans. This will be a big culture change from what happens now.